- This event has passed.
HEATLEAP Final Dissemination Event
The HEATLEAP project aims to demonstrate the environmental and economic benefits of waste heat recovery systems such as large heat pumps in energy intensive industries and gas expanders in gas distribution networks by testing these technologies at real scale.
This event was organised in the framework of the HEATLEAP project, co-funded by the LIFE programme of the European Union. The event was open to anyone with an interest in energy issues and participation was free of charge. Participants could choose to attend in person or follow the proceedings online (via Zoom).
The event took place at: L42 Business Center, Rue de la Loi 42, Brussels, Belgium
14:00 Welcome/Introduction by Marco Baresi (Institutional and Marketing Director, Turboden) (play recording)
14:10 Keynote Speech
- Radoš Horáček (Team Leader – Energy Efficiency Policy, Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission) (play recording)
14:20 Lessons learned from the HEATLEAP project and future scenarios for waste heat utilization
- Flavio De Mestrangelo (Institutional Affairs Specialist, Turboden) will present an overview of the HEATLEAP project (play recording) (see slides)
- Davide Rizzi (Sales Engineer – Large Heat Pump, Turboden) will present ‘Large Heat Pumps (LHP) and Gas Expanders (GEX) Technologies Ready for Market’ (play recording) (see slides)
- Maurizio Zanforlin (Research & Development Manager, ORI Martin) (play recording) (see slides)
- Alessio Ventura (Project Leader and Innovation Manager, RINA Consulting – Materials Development Centre) (play recording) (see slides)
- Gina Ambrosio (Project Manager, CSMT Innovative Contamination Hub) (play recording) (see slides)
- Fabio Ardenghi (Energy Efficiency Analyst, RINA Consulting) (play recording) (see slides)
Questions & Answers (play recording)
15:55 Coffee Break
16:15 Panel Discussion: Maximising Energy Efficiency & Waste Heat Recovery – How can policy help?
Moderator: Frédéric Simon (Editor – Energy & Environment, EURACTIV)
- Alexandra Tudoroiu-Lakavičė (Head of Policy, COGEN Europe)
- Marco Baresi (Institutional and Marketing Director, Turboden & Board Member, Euroheat and Power)
- Anne Weidenbach (Cabinet of Commissioner Kadri Simson, European Commission)
- Monica Frassoni (President, European Alliance to Save Energy)
- Jozefien Vanbecelaere (Head of EU Affairs, European Heat Pump Association – EHPA)
Questions & Answers
17:35 Concluding Remarks by Marco Baresi (Institutional and Marketing Director, Turboden)
17:45 Networking Reception